How to get rid of a headache fast? What’s the best headache relief? What actually causes headaches? The main factors are severe stress, fatigue, sinusitis, poor posture, water loss, dehydration, and holding the head in an improper position for a long time.
In some cases, we can solve this pesky problem by ourselves, yet sometimes we should see a doctor immediately. Here’s a detailed guide to help you identify the type of a headache you have as well as the best strategy for pain relief.
0:23 This is the most frequent type of headaches. The main symptoms:
• You feel like you’re wearing a tight band around your forehead.
• You feel spasms around your eyes and upper forehead.
• You feel a dull gnawing pain.
1:26 This type of a headache is caused by sinusitis. The main symptoms:
• You feel pain in your forehead around the eyebrows and under the eyes.
• This headache might lead to a running or blocked nose.
• You feel tired and weak.
2:13 All symptoms occur during a migraine attack that progresses through four stages:
• Prodrome (1 to 2 days). You feel irritable, fatigued and have an increased or decreased appetite.
• Aura (up to 30 mins). You become sensitive to light, feel tingling and numbness, and might have speech disorders.
• Resolution (up to 24 hours). You feel fatigued and have trouble concentrating.
• A headache itself (up to 72 hours). You feel severe throbbing pain.
3:22 Cluster headaches affect less than 1% of the population. The main symptoms:
• Redness of the eyes
• Sensitivity to light
4:13 Alcohol causes blood vessel dilation and affects serotonin levels in your body. The main symptoms:
• Throbbing or dull aching pain
SUMMARY – A tension headache: take any appropriate painkiller, but you should only use them occasionally. If headaches occur frequently, consult your doctor. Try to be physically active. – A sinus headache: it rarely goes away on their own. If you have an allergy, antihistamines may help. In other cases, it’s best to see a doctor who will most probably prescribe antibiotics. – Migraine: a number of treatments are available to help ease the symptoms. Moreover, regular exercise will help you improve your health significantly. – A cluster headache: treating it can be tricky because the pain appears and disappears spontaneously and at a moment’s notice. Only a doctor can help you solve this problem. – Hangover: the best remedy is to take a painkiller, drink plenty of water, and get some good sleep. We hope you will never experience any of these headaches, but if you get one of them it’s better to consult a doctor before taking any medicines. Do not self-medicate!